Sunday 5 December 2010

The hardest departure

My fiancee and I treat ourselves to a night in a spa hotel near glasgow. It's lovely. The morning we leave we have the swimming pool to ourselves. It's got big windows round three sides that look out onto lawns and forests that are covered in quite a thick layer of snow.
Trees. There's not going to be any trees.
My fiancee has been wonderful. Is wonderful. She has always been totally supportive of me going. She gets it that it's something I really want to do, but the thought of being apart, she's struggling with it.
I'm glad she holds it together, I don't think I could have otherwise.
As soon as I'm in the taxi I text her, and immediately it's less painful, less of a separation.
She texts back. We can be in touch daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment